Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am a Toddler Now.

The baby years go by so quick,
Before you know it, they are gone in a lick!

Each day that passes they grow so fast,
Those baby moments did hardly last.

Little bundle of tiny joy,
Is now a bundle of toddler boy!

Now you can do so many things,
Now you think you can spread those wings.

You climb on a chair and think you’re cool,
Until you fall and look like a fool.

You throw a fit to get your way,
You throw a fit when you can’t play.

You no longer peacefully go down for a nap,
You now scream, kick, flail, and flap.

The bottle days have been gone for awhile,
My floor, lately, has been a crumb pile.

You think the toilet is a place to play,
And toilet training seems so far away.

My beautiful house will never be the same,
Dents, dings, and damage and you are to blame.

You walk up to strangers on the street.
You’re not scared of them, you don’t miss a beat.

You will run away when I tell you to come here,
You laugh at mom and have no fear.

You think that hitting is a good thing to do,
Getting in trouble is no big deal to you.

I have never in my life seen such a child,
Loving trouble-maker, who is quite wild.

Wondering how I could have such a son,
Sometimes wondering “WHAT HAVE I DONE!”

Realizing you are half mom and half dad,
Maybe after all you are not so bad.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome poem! Are you sure you're talking about Grant? He looks too sweet to do any of those things. ;)

Ashley said...

So I think Ill just go ahead and quit my job and become your manager and you can write lyrics and Ben can sing! Such a great poem Janna!!!

mom said...

I would say that poem sums him up pretty well!

Great poem sweetie!

Grammy Vicky said...

Janna, great poem and you said it like it really is!

Meg said...

Great poem! These wonderful lil men that we have...how did we get so lucky!?! Grant is so blessed to have such a great mom!