Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grant's New Bed

Initially I was planning on doing two twin beds in Grant's new big boy room.  I found these twin navy blue beds at Pottery Barn that I LOVED.  However, after furniture shopping with Grant it tow, he fell in love with the loft style beds.  I figured you are only little once and if that is what he wants, that is what he gets.  Now I sound like his Grandparents for crying out loud!

Below is a picture of the bed.  Except I am wanting to go with more of a navy color scheme with the bedding.  The bed gets delivered on Monday.  I am wanting to go with navy walls and white trim in the room.  Now I get to do some shopping this weekend for matching comforters, sheets, and something for the window in that room.  I LOVE DECORATING!!!  Except painting; I hate painting! 




I found a couple different navy striped quilts at Pottery Barn I liked, the one I loved was discontinued -- bummer. So I am going to search the Fairview area to make sure I can't find something I like a little more.  Here is one of my top pics so far:



Along with this one:  (I am most likely going to go with this comforter, sham, and sheet set.  I think it will look great with navy walls.  Minus the big "H" pillow, yuck to that):







3 comments:

Mimi said...

The bed is so cool! No wonder he loves it. Your dad and I really like it. He called "dibsa" on the loft bed. No problem...I can't get on the top bed.

Both comforter sets are too cute. They'd look great with navy walls.

Andrea said...

Now that is a cool loft bed! I really like it!! I'm also a huge fan of navy and red for a boys room. I can't wait to see it all together!

Mimi Vicky said...

Grant is going to love his high-up bed. He told me he was going to sleep high-up! Love the navy and red stripes. It is going to look great!