Friday, October 24, 2008

Would only happen to me.........

I was driving home from work today when I noticed like 5 cop cars in my rear view mirror with their lights a blazin. At first glance I assumed they were getting ready to pull a bunch of cars over for speeding, like a trap or something. Before I knew what happen I realized I was in the midst of a high speed pursuit of an armed robbery suspect. He flew past me in the left lane, as I was in the middle lane of the interstate. Shortly after passing me, he cut me off almost sideswiping my car. It all happened so fast it was crazy. All of a sudden I see more cops ahead and they throw out the SPIKE STRIPS to try to stop this maniac. Up to this point I have only seen this kind of stuff on tv and now I am pretty much sitting on top of it. Sure enough he hits the spikes, spins out of control, and hits at least 3 other cars along the way. Thank goodness I was not one of them since he had JUST PASSED me; I was able to stop in time to avoid becoming part of the disaster on the road in front of me. The suspect’s car literally broke into thousands of pieces as it spun out of control. Traffic comes to a screeching halt and I am surrounded by dozens of police with their guns drawn waiting to see movement from this guy’s car that is now a heaping piece of metal. He squirms out of the car and tries to run and the police freakin tackle him to the ground. At this point I am crying because this is all unfolding directly in front of my car as I am stopped in the middle of the interstate and I was literally INCHES from being in the midst of it all.

Here is the most interesting part; I kept looking on the news for the report about this because apparently this high speed pursuit was ongoing from O’Fallon, MO until where it ended in front of me, which was right by the airport. The online news story said that police “pulled the suspects car over” and he is in custody????!!!!!! Are you kidding me? They spike stripped his butt and then tackled him to the ground after a high speed pursuit with a dozen cop cars for over 20 miles on the interstate!!!!!!!!!!!! This just goes to show you how the news can royally distort things.

Tip of the Day: Don’t believe everything you see on the news.

Here is the link to the story: http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=158426

Just remember, this story is NOTHING like what actually happened. Trust me, I had a front row seat.

No comments: